Tuesday, February 17, 2026
11.7 C
Srinagar

Banihal Convoy Attack case: NIA files supplementary charge against arrested Hizb commander Naveed Babu

Srinagar, Feb 13 (KNO): The National Investigation Agency (NIA) Saturday filed a supplementary chargesheet against arrested Hizbul Mujahideen commander Naveed Babu before the special NIA court Jammu.

In a statement issued to news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), the NIA said that today ( 13.02.2021), NIA filed Supplementary chargesheet against Hizb-ul-Mujahideen militant Naveed Mushtaq Shah alias Naveed Babu@ Babur Azam in the Special NIA Court, Jammu under sections 120B, 121, 121A, 122, 307 of RPC, section 3 of Explosive Substances Act , section 4 of Jammu and Kashmir Public Property ( Prevention of Damage) Act and sections 16,18,20,23,38 & 39 of UA(P) Act.

“The case relates to an attack on the CRPF Convoy at Tethar, Banihal, District Ramban J&K by a militant who had exploded an explosive  laden Santro car on 30.03.2019 with the intention of killing security personnel and waging  war against the Government of India. In this regard, a case FIR No. 39/2019 dated 30.03.2019 was registered at PS Banihal, District Ramban. NIA re-registered the case as RC-03/2019/NIA/JMU dated 15.04.2019 and took over the investigation of the case,” the statement said.

It said that the NIA had earlier filed charge-sheet against six Hizb-ul-Mujahideen militants for their role in this attack.

“Accused Naveed Mushtaq Shah alias Naveed Babu is an ex-constable of J&K Police. He had decamped with arms and ammunition in 2017, when he was posted as a guard in FCI, Budgam. After deserting the force he had joined the militant group Hizb-ul-Mujahideen and became an active militant,” the statement said.

“ Investigation has established that accused Naveed Mushtaq Shah was actively involved in the planning and execution of the attack on the CRPF convoy in Banihal along with other militants Riyaz Ahmed Naikoo, Rayees Ahmed Khan and Dr. Saifullah Mir who were subsequently killed in encounters with Security Forces.

The deceased militants  Sahil Abdullah Bhat, Adil Bashir Sheikh and Zubair Ahmed Wani were actively involved in preparation of the explosives that went into the making of the IED.

Charges have been abated against the deceased terrorists involved in the conspiracy.” The NIA statement said that charges have been framed by the Hon’ble Special NIA Court, against the six accused chargesheeted earlier—(KNO)

Hot this week

Justice delayed is justice denied: tele-law can ease pressure on courts, ensure timely justice:CM Omar

Srinagar, Feb 17: Underscoring the critical role of Tele-Law...

Over 15,000 human-wildlife conflict cases in 2 years, no major spike: J&K Govt

Jammu, Feb 17: The Jammu and Kashmir Government on...

No Extension of Maternity Leave or Honorarium During Leave Period, Says Health Minister

Jammu, Feb 17,: The Government on Tuesday ruled out...

No Proposal Yet for Tourism Development Authority in Kupwara, Says Minister

Jammu, Feb 17,: The Government on Tuesday clarified that...

Not All Migrants Genuine, Says Dy CM in Assembly

Jammu, Feb 17,: Deputy Chief Minister Surinder Kumar Choudhary...

Topics

No Proposal Yet for Tourism Development Authority in Kupwara, Says Minister

Jammu, Feb 17,: The Government on Tuesday clarified that...

Not All Migrants Genuine, Says Dy CM in Assembly

Jammu, Feb 17,: Deputy Chief Minister Surinder Kumar Choudhary...

1.64 lakh youth trained under skill development schemes in J&K: Govt informs house

Jammu, Feb 17: The government on Tuesday informed the...

BJP’s says will withdraw remarks if found against any community

Jammu, Feb 17: BJP MLA Vikram Randhawa on Tuesday...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img