Friday, February 20, 2026
7.9 C
Srinagar

Nothing suspicious found so far, says Minister Atishi on bomb threat emails to Delhi schools

New Delhi: Following the bomb threat through email at several schools across the city on Wednesday, Delhi Education Minister Atishi said that so far nothing suspicious has been found in any of the schools.

“Some schools have received bomb threats today morning. Students have been evacuated and those premises are being searched by Delhi Police. So far nothing has been found in any of the schools” the Minister said on X.

“We are in constant touch with the Police and the schools. Would request parents and citizens not to panic. School authorities will be in touch with parents wherever needed,” the post said.

Multiple schools in the national capital, including DPS Dwarka, BGS International School, Sanskriti School, Indian School, St Thomas School and Amity School in Pushp Vihar, faced a chilling bomb threat via email.

Following the bomb threat, several schools informed parents that the school would be closed on Wednesday, while others sent children home after receiving the email.

A senior police official said that in the preliminary inquiry, it appears that numerous emails have been sent since Tuesday following a similar pattern.

“The emails lack a date line but include ‘bcc’, indicating they’ve been sent to multiple recipients. Currently, an investigation is underway,” said the official.

According to police, after receiving information from schools regarding the bomb threat, local police teams along with the bomb detection team, bomb disposal squad and officials of Delhi Fire Service (DFS) reached the spot in the morning.

“The schools were evacuated and a search operation is going on. So far nothing suspicious has been found,” said the official.

(Courtesy IANS)

Hot this week

Agniveer Dies by Alleged Suicide at Nagrota Army Camp

Jammu: A 24-year-old Agniveer allegedly died by suicide after...

“Unconstitutional, bad in law”: Congress MLAs slam DC Kishtwar’s directive on donations

Jammu, Feb 19: Two Congress MLAs on Thursday demanded...

OBC Quota in Local Bodies Envisaged, Govt Informs House

Srinagar:The Jammu and Kashmir Government on Thursday informed the...

1.35 lakh Willows felled at Wular, 19 lakh plants raised: Govt informs House

Srinagar:The government on Thursday informed the House that around...

Four new rail lines proposed for Valley, surveys underway: Govt tells House

Srinagar:The Government on Thursday informed the legeslative assembly that...

Topics

Agniveer Dies by Alleged Suicide at Nagrota Army Camp

Jammu: A 24-year-old Agniveer allegedly died by suicide after...

OBC Quota in Local Bodies Envisaged, Govt Informs House

Srinagar:The Jammu and Kashmir Government on Thursday informed the...

1.35 lakh Willows felled at Wular, 19 lakh plants raised: Govt informs House

Srinagar:The government on Thursday informed the House that around...

Four new rail lines proposed for Valley, surveys underway: Govt tells House

Srinagar:The Government on Thursday informed the legeslative assembly that...

50,000 heroin users among 70,000 addicts in Valley, Govt tells house

Srinagar:The Government on Thursday informed the legeslative assembly that...

J&K’s properties in Delhi, Amritsar, Haryana under unauthorised control

Srinagar: The Jammu & Kashmir Government has revealed that...

Key Downtown Srinagar roads being upgraded, Govt tells house

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Government on Wednesday informed...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img