26-Year-Old Man Charred to Death in Pattan Fire, House Damaged

Baramulla: A 26-year-old man was charred to death after a fire broke out in his house, purportedly due to an electric blanket, last night at the Khambiyar village of Pattan town in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district.

Locals told the news agency CNS that the fire broke out on an intervening night of 21-22 January in the residential house of late Mohmmad Ramzan Dar in Khambiyar Pattan, killing his son Adil Ramzan Dar while he was sleeping on first floor of the house, which also suffered a huge damage.

Regarding the incident, SDPO Pattan Mohmmad Nawaz Khanday said that their police party was present on the spot at the time of the fire incident, which claimed the life of Adil Ramazan.

He said the cause of fire was prima facie suspected to be a short circuit in an electric blanket used by the deceased person.

Meanwhile, Block Medical Officer (BMO) Pattan Dr. Mastoora Iqbal said that the body of the deceased, which had been completely burnt, was shifted to GMC Baramulla for DNA sampling.

It was learnt that the deceased’s marriage was to be conducted soon as he was recently engaged.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *