Tuesday, February 17, 2026
11.7 C
Srinagar

Shah to make statement on Nagaland firing in RS, House adjourned till noon

Shah to make statement on Nagaland firing in RS, House adjourned till noon

New Delhi, Dec 6 : Union Home Minister Amit Shah is set to make a statement on the Nagaland civilian killing incident that has left reportedly 13 dead besides a security personnel. Amid uproar by the Opposition, proceedings of the Rajya Sabha were adjourned till 12 noon on Monday.

Leader of Opposition (LOP) in the House Mallikarjun Kharge wanted a statement from Home Minister Amit Shah over killing of civilians in Nagaland by security forces.

Kharge termed the December 4 incident as “very serious and tragic”.

Leader of the House Piyush Goyal said that Home Minister would make a statement on the issue in the afternoon.

“It is very serious. Government is seized of the matter and hon’ble minister will make a detailed statement in the afternoon,” Goyal said.

Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu said that he had spoken to both Union Home Minister and Defence Minister on the issue and Shah had written to him about making a statement on the issue.

But with Opposition members continuing to protest in the House, the proceedings were adjourned till 12 noon.

Naidu also informed the members that he has received resignation letter from Rajya Sabha member Banda Prakash and the same had been accepted with effect from December 4, 2021.

Thirteen civilians and a security force personnel were killed and many others injured in firing incidents involving security forces in Mon district of the Northeastern state, prompting the state government to form a

five-member Special Investigation Team, a senior official said.

The botched security operations evoked tension and disturbance in the area with protestors trying to burn down an Assam Rifles camp on Sunday, according to sources.

According to state Chief Secretary J Alam, the firing incidents happened between Tiru and Oting village.

UNI

Hot this week

Over 15,000 human-wildlife conflict cases in 2 years, no major spike: J&K Govt

Jammu, Feb 17: The Jammu and Kashmir Government on...

No Extension of Maternity Leave or Honorarium During Leave Period, Says Health Minister

Jammu, Feb 17,: The Government on Tuesday ruled out...

No Proposal Yet for Tourism Development Authority in Kupwara, Says Minister

Jammu, Feb 17,: The Government on Tuesday clarified that...

Not All Migrants Genuine, Says Dy CM in Assembly

Jammu, Feb 17,: Deputy Chief Minister Surinder Kumar Choudhary...

1.64 lakh youth trained under skill development schemes in J&K: Govt informs house

Jammu, Feb 17: The government on Tuesday informed the...

Topics

No Proposal Yet for Tourism Development Authority in Kupwara, Says Minister

Jammu, Feb 17,: The Government on Tuesday clarified that...

Not All Migrants Genuine, Says Dy CM in Assembly

Jammu, Feb 17,: Deputy Chief Minister Surinder Kumar Choudhary...

1.64 lakh youth trained under skill development schemes in J&K: Govt informs house

Jammu, Feb 17: The government on Tuesday informed the...

BJP’s says will withdraw remarks if found against any community

Jammu, Feb 17: BJP MLA Vikram Randhawa on Tuesday...

NIA Conducts Raid in Srinagar’s Uptown

Srinagar, Feb 17,: The National Investigation Agency on Tuesday...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img